The original IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER®—the Best of Both Worlds!
IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® at a glance
- One of the most in-demand hard skills for your career This is a senior-level certification. It was designed to support companies and agile coaches mastering the transformation of team and organizational structures, management, leadership, and governance.
Why take the IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® certification?
This course will lead to the professional title:
IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER®
Our practitioners will also take system thinking, Management 3.0 techniques, the “Shu-Ha-Ri” transformation, and different human cultures into account.
Questions? Read our FAQ.
Enhance the capabilities of Scrum
with this Scrumban certification.
Summary of the IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® Certification
- The name of the qualified expert
- The protected qualification title of which you are allowed lifelong use
- A certification number that verifies the authenticity for your employer
- The signatures of the Board of Directors
The exceptional advantages of our certifications:
- No Hidden Fees! We do not charge membership fees
- You will be listed as a validated expert in our competence center
- Our certificates are valid a life long
- Free training material included with all certifications
- You do not need to renew your certificate
PDU credits - www.pmi.org
You may receive PDU credits by enrolling to an IBQMI® certification course. You have to apply for your own credits through the PMI CCRS (Continuous Certification Requirement System). The Project Management Institute® provides an online PDU reporting site, click here to be taken to the site.
Please select "activities offered by third-party vendors". IBQMI® is not a REP training provider. After you log into the PMI.org website in the Report PDUs subsection choose “Course or Training” as your PDU Category.
For more information about how to Submit PDUs for Courses & Training, visit
Scrum Education Units (SEUs) - www.scrumalliance.org
You may receive SEUs by enrolling to an IBQMI® certification course. An SEU® is a credit earned by a Scrum professional for having completed an educational training or learning opportunity that meets a defined set of learning objectives.
You can find all details about Scrum Education Units at the Scrum Alliance website, as well as instructions for registering and tracking your SEUs.
What is the scope and responsibility of this job title?
Scrumban enhances the capabilities of Scrum. While Scrum is more often understood as an external process that is imposed on workers, and Kanban is completely free and dependent on the elements people use in a Kanban system, Scrumban is a combination of the two. The most appropriate responsibilities for the IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® are:
- To support crews and organizations in speeding up their conversion to plain Scrum;
- To activate new possibilities within crews and large organizations to support them in coping with the challenges that Scrum sets for them; and
- To support crews and large organizations in evolving new, agile processes that suit them, as Scrum is useful for uncovering problems but often does not provide solutions.
What is included in this certification?
The IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® certificate includes:
- The free comprehensive training material (PDF);
- The protected qualification title of which you are allowed lifelong use;
- Your unique alphanumeric serial number that verifies the authenticity of your certification;
- Entry to our competence center as a validated expert;
- Your name as a qualified expert;
- The IBQMI® certification badge; and
- Unlimited downloads of your stored certificate.
IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER®
Why should I enroll in this certification?
Although the U.S. economy remains stagnant, the field of agile management continues to grow.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the level of employment for jobs in this sector is expected to
increase by 6% until 2026, and this increase correlates directly with the demand for graduates with a
certification in this field. The 2017 median pay for managers and coaches in this sector was $137,720 USD
per year (https://www.bls.gov).
The role of the IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® is to help teams or individuals adopt and improve agile methods and practice. An IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® helps people change and rethink the way they go about delivering and developing value. This certification is one of the few on the market to cover most eventualities a team will encounter.
Having an on-site IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® helps companies and team members put their training into action. This includes mentoring and leading teams and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver value. The IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® will also oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
This certification offers you a unique opportunity and an advantage in the job market. Our 100% online IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® course includes all the tools, techniques, and concepts essential for the IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® exam. This certification is highly recognized by major corporations and experts in agile implementation for production and software development. All our certifications can be validated online and are listed in our competence center.
Enroll in IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER®Sign up free
Syllabus of IBQMI® - IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER®
What will I learn?
You will learn how to bear organizational culture in mind and the advantages Scrumban offers compared to plain Scrum or Kanban. As a student, you will understand the importance of flow and transparency, and how additional practices from Kanban can be applied to an existing Scrum environment without changing Scrum.
What is my qualification level after passing the final exam?
With this certification, you can promote your professional excellence in applying Scrumban to any environment.
The topics of the official training material for this certification are as follows:
- Scrum, Kanban and Scrumban
- Use and purpose of Scrumban
- Main Differences to Scrum
- Main Differences to Kanban
- The Agile Manifesto
- The Pillars of Scrum
- The Pillars of Kanban in Software development
- Agile Thinking with “Shu-Ha-Ri”
- Mastering complex Systems
- More accurate Predictability
- Taking organizational culture in Mind
- Kaizen and Human endeavor
- Identify the real Problems
- Better understanding of speed & quality
- Making agile Improvements holistic and sustainable
- Intentional Architecture
- Understand profitable Organizations
- Scrum Roles, Artifacts and Time boxes
- Decentralized Thinking systems
- Kaizen and A3 Thinking
- Kanban’s core Practices
- Kanban Systems
- The four Principles of Kanban
- Kanban Artifacts
- Scrumban Roles, Artifacts and Events
- Flow metrics
FAQ (Frequently asked questions) about the IBQMI® CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER®
How in-depth is the training?
The IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® course is a senior-level certification. This professional development course was designed to support companies and agile coaches mastering transformation. A transformation of team and organizational structures, management, leadership, and governance.
How long is the training course?
The IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® certification is self-paced. The time required to complete and pass the test will vary with every individual. It may take several days or weeks of study before you feel comfortable to take the final test. You may take the final exam as soon as you're ready. You have six months from the date of purchase to complete the course.
How do I learn more about Scrumban and prepare for the IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® assessment?
The IBQMI® IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® training material is the first place to start learning about Kanban and an important resource for studying to pass the various assessments available for purchase at www.ibqmi.org. However, reading the training material alone is not enough to pass the assessment. Questions often ask test-takers to interpret information and apply it to challenging situations, so knowledge gained from personal experience and other sources is typically needed. The IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® training material is freely available to all students who enroll in the training. You should familiarize yourself with the terms and concepts found in the training material.
Is the IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® test difficult?
An IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® must function at a high level within an organization and needs a solid understanding of the Kanban principles so they are able to analyze waste components and create a value stream. This test is timed, so you will not have much opportunity to look up answers to questions. It is essential that you study and understand the Kanban principles prior to taking the test, otherwise you will not pass!
How many questions does the IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® test have?
The final test of the IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® has 45 questions.
What is the passing grade, and how much time do I have?
The final test of the IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® has a passing grade of 65%. You will have a timeframe of 60 minutes, so you will not be able to look up answers to questions while taking the test.
What are the next steps after I pass the test?
When you have passed the test, your certificate will be created immediately for download.
The certificate will be registered automatically in our competence center, and you will have the
privilege of using the title IBQMI CERTIFIED SCRUMBAN PRACTITIONER® on your CV for a lifetime.
You can find regularly updated information about our certifications by visiting the FAQ